- More than 70% of the U.S. population has an ATM card.
- Customers are more likely to seek out locations with an ATM.
- 70% of all retail transactions are handled in cash.
- ATM users spend an average of 20% - 25% more than non-ATM customers.
- 60% of Americans (ages 25-34), and 51% of those (ages 25-49) use ATM machines an average of eight times a month, withdrawing an average of $55 per transaction.
- Cash retention among retailers with ATMs ranges between 30% and 40%. Bars & nightclubs have a retention rate of 70% - 80%.
- Retail locations that dispense $20 bills increase store sales by more than 8%.
- ATM users are habit-driven, often using the same ATM repeatedly.
- The most popular day for ATM transactions is Friday.
- There are no charge-backs or credit risks with an ATM.
~ Statistics reprinted from Convenience Store Decisions Sales Trends Handbook 1999